At least 34 people, including women and children, were killed and 83 others were wounded in an attack. Iran nabs eight more terror suspects who were funded by America and England!

 

Iran nabs eight more terror suspects
Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:38PM


Iran has arrested eight terrorists connected to the deadly terror bombing in the Iranian southeastern city of Chabahar that killed and wounded scores of people.

Special security forces, in an intelligence operation, succeeded in identifying and captured eight more terrorist tied to the attack in southern Sistan-Baluchestan Province, according to an informed source in Iran’s Intelligence Ministry, quoted by ISNA on Thursday.

The terror bombing took place at the Imam Hussein (PBUH) mosque in Chabahar on Wednesday as crowds had gathered to participate in mourning ceremonies commemorating the martyrdom of the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and the third Shia Imam.

At least 34 people, including women and children, were killed and 83 others were wounded in an attack.

Another Intelligence Ministry official announced Wednesday that three terrorists that entered Iran from “one of the neighboring countries” planned to carry out blind attacks in southern and eastern parts of the country.

“One of them was killed in a clash with Intelligence Ministry forces,” the official said.

The second terrorist, according to the official, was nabbed as he tried to flee the country “but, unfortunately, the third terrorist was able to carry out the attack.”

One of the perpetrators of the attack was arrested on Thursday on the Iranian border with Pakistan, Deputy Governor of the Sistan-Baluchistan province Jalal Sayah said on Thursday.

Jundallah, a Pakistani-based terrorist group that has carried out a number of bombings, assassination attempts, and terror attacks in the southeastern province, claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement published by the Saudi-owned al-Arabiya satellite news channel.

Jundallah’s leader Abdolmalek Rigi was arrested by Iranian intelligence forces in February 2010 and executed in June for 79 counts of terror offenses, including armed robbery, bombing campaigns and armed assaults on police and civilians.

In his confessions, Rigi confirmed that the terror group received training in Pakistan and that “certain Pakistani officials issued travel documents for the terrorists,” Iran’s deputy interior minister said earlier on Thursday.

Rigi also revealed details of his dealings with US government and military operatives in a televised confession, saying that he was promised unlimited funds and resources for “waging an insurgency” in Iran.

Related Stories:
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: